Jim Clausen, CPA
- Jim graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno in 1972 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. He is a Certified Public Accountant with over 40 years of experience in public accounting. Jim formed Clausen & Company in 2001. Prior to starting Clausen & Company, Jim was a partner of Ballard, Muckel & Clausen from 1981 to 1996 and partner of Muckel Anderson from 1996 to 2000. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accounts, member of the Nevada Society of Certified Public Accountants, and currently serves as treasurer for Hidden Valley Country Club and Northern Nevada Executive Council. In Jim's spare time he enjoys golfing and spending time with his family and friends.
Dan Clausen, CPA
- Dan graduated from Saint Mary's College of California in 1999 with a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration. While attending Saint Mary's College Dan earned membership in the Sigma Beta Delta and Omicron Delta Epsilon national honor societies. He is a Certified Public Accountant with 16 years of experience in public accounting. Prior to joining Clausen & Company in 2002, Dan worked for Ernst and Young in San Francisco. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accounts, member of the Nevada Society of Certified Public Accountants, and currently a board member for the Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum and the Joel F. Glover Memorial Foundation. In Dan's spare time he enjoys golfing, cycling, traveling and spending time with his family and friends.
Christine Cook, CPA
- Christine graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno in 2010 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Major in Accounting and was awarded her degree with distinction. She joined Clausen & Company in 2010 and was licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in 2013. She performs a variety of accounting duties for both tax and assurance services and more importantly, strives to make each client know and feel that they are more than a few number on a page. She is also passionate about integrating the ever-changing fields of technology and accounting within our practice. Outside of work she enjoys any activity that allows her to experience all of what Northern Nevada has to offer, whether that be walking her dogs by the Truckee River or trying out the menu at that new restaurant down the street.
- Nancy graduated from California State University, Fresno in 1982 with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. She joined Clausen & Company in 2016. With 26 years of experience as an accounting analyst and as office manager, her duties will include but are not limited to assisting the CPAs in daily account services and working closely with clients on a regular basis. Daly enjoys being outdoors, cycling and hiking, especially to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite. She enjoys art history and has long been involved in her local church, serving in a variety of outreach activities.
- Hunter graduated from Johnson County Community College in Overland Park, Kansas with an Associates of Applied Science in Accounting. While attending Johnson County Community College, Melby was inducted to Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. Melby joins Clausen & Company as a staff accountant and will be responsible for assisting with tax return preparation and client accounting services. Prior to joining the firm, she was previously employed by the Kansas Board of Regents. In her spare time, Melby enjoys spending time with her husband and their dog, exploring the outdoors, as well as skiing, hiking, cycling, kayaking, camping and backpacking. She enjoys reading and traveling. She often returns to Kansas to see her family and help on the family farm.